I cried a little that day after Adam left, but I think God’s strength is what got me through the rest of the day. I had been praying all day for God to bring me lifelong friends the next day! I went to bed really late because I was eager to finish my desk! I worked really hard on putting it together only to find out that I had put one of the boards in completely wrong! Oh well… it looks great anyway J
January 15, 2008
Orientation was… boring, but EXTREMELY helpful. They informed us about everything. I’m on an extreme information overload, but so thankful for the time and effort the faculty and staff put into the orientation. I met some wonderful girls: Haley, Amy, Sara Beth, and Chrissy. They are delightful J
January 16, 2008
I called Amy and Haley and asked them to go eat at Chili’s with me. I accidentally called Amy and thought she was Haley… embarrassing! It was really funny though. Anyway, I knew Haley was saying goodbye to her parents this afternoon, so I thought it would be good if we went out for dinner. I had SO much fun with them! I love listening to them talk and I love just being in their company.
My first day of class is tomorrow!! I have statistics :-/ I have been reading and studying chapter 1 tonight. This is going to be a lot of hard work. God, I pray for an extra amount of strength during the next 3 years. I am going to need to learn how to be extremely disciplined in my studies and how to manage my time. Thank You for this amazing opportunity to further my studies so that soon I can worship You by counseling others! What a joy you have brought into my life… an unexplainable joy that I can tell is there simply when I know I am in Your will for my life. Your amazing plan… a plan that is so intricate that my mind cannot even begin to wrap itself around! You planned everything from the beginning of time to the end of time. It amazes me that I play a role in this plan… that You love me enough to GIVE me an opportunity to love You back. Thank you for this life. I love You.
January 17, 2008
So wow… today was overwhelmingly emotional. I was nervous, happy, excited, lonely, thankful, joyful, sad, happy again, and then tired. I am at the tired stage at the moment.
I read chapter one of my Research and Statistics book for my first seminary class today. Yum. It was way interesting, actually! I enjoyed reading and re-learning some things and then learning some new things. I am still nervous about the whole math part of the statistics course. I’m usually a natural when it comes to math, but I remember having such a difficult time with it in High School that I’m actually dreading the 2nd half of the class! I can do all things through Christ who give me strength! That’s what I keep telling myself J
I got really sad tonight. I started crying because I was thinking about Adam and all my friends at UMHB. I miss my family too a lot… but I always do. I’ve gotten used to not living with them or constantly seeing them. So at this point in my life I’m missing my friends and, more than ever, Adam! So, what do I do? I called Adam... but made sure I wasn’t crying when I called him. So, we talked for a little bit, but then I started crying because then I started to REALLY miss him! He helped me calm down then encouraged me to go to a party two girls were hosting at their house.
I had fun at the party… really it was just 10-12 girls sitting around talking! I met some lovely ladies and we planned to go to the movies Saturday night! So, I’m looking forward to that.
I’ve just been organizing my desk and bookshelf since I got home around 9:40ish. I discovered which mailbox is mine today and I bought books today—$350!!!!! I’m thankful that my parents are so generous and are still supporting me financially! I don’t know what I would do without them! Thank You, God for always providing for my needs and well beyond them!!!
I know this was a SUPER long post... but I hope it makes up for the month I missed. See yas...

2 comments:
what a great way to journal! and "keep up with the joneses" for the people in the grandstands! hugging you and yours! carla
way to update us all! Just becareful what you are posting, since you are doing a 'journal' type thing. Stranger Danger!!!
Post a Comment